Sunday, October 2, 2016

Letters for Sadie

First of all I would like to start with a disclaimer: I am not a blogger. I think I have attempted in my life to create about 5 different blogs and each one has about 2 posts and then was never touched ever again. I personally do not find entertainment in writing nor am I any good at it. I took a creative writing class in the 8th grade and I think it took about everything I had in me to not fail that class entirely. I am sorry to say that I just don't have that writing gene anywhere in my body.

My sister Kendra however, is a beautiful writer/blogger. She can put whatever she can think into beautiful words. I enjoy reading the many things she writes and I envy her for her talent. When we had to saw goodbye to our little Sadie, my sister wrote a beautiful letter to Sadie that really touched my heart. The day of the funeral, my sister gave me info for this blog that she had created for me to write letters to my sweet little Sadie A.

At first, I didn't know what to do with it. I thought, "who on earth would want to listen to me vent to my little girl"? Why would anyone care about what I was feeling or what I was thinking about this trial that my family and I are going through. I can't write, my words are not touching, and I don't have anything to say. So this blog has been sitting here with nothing done to it.

However, as time went on, I started a small journal and I wrote in the journal as if I was talking to Sadie and it has been very healing. Slowly a feeling as come over me that I need to share my feelings. I know that there may be one person out there that I can help. I have that desire to help others because I have a love for people and if I could help them in anyway, I want to. So this is how Letters For Sadie starts anew; I want to hear from others. Being the parent of an angel baby, I have learned that I am not alone in this struggle. At first I felt alone because no one really talks about our situation and I want that to change. There are many of us that have angel babies and I know we can all help each other just by sharing our thoughts.

Letters for Sadie is where you can write letters to your angel baby. You can share your dreams you had for them. You can write how much you miss them. You can even just write how your day went. Write whatever you feel in your heart that you want to say to your angel. So here is what you can do...

1. Write a letter and submit it to ltrstosadie@gmail.com
2. Submit some background info. We would to hear who you are and about that sweet angel.
3. We will send a return email to notify you of the day your letter will be on the blog.
4. Share your letter. I know and I truly believe your letter will touch someone out there and will help them as well as help yourself
5. Continue writing to us. We will post as many letters as you would like to share with the world.

Also, you don't have to be a parent of an angel baby. You can be the grandmother, the aunt, the sibling, the best friend of the mother/father, etc. Any connection you have, you are than welcome to write a letter to that sweet angel.

The purpose of this blog is to feel loved, to feel that you are not alone, and to feel that there are people out there who can learn from you as well as you learning for them. I am dedicating my blog to my sweet angel Sadie and my desire to learn and help others in a similar situation. Whether you lost your baby at 8 weeks in pregnancy, or at the age of 8 please share. Whether you lost an angel baby 50 years ago, or 50 minutes ago, please share and please enjoy this blog. I know through the power of writing, we can truly heal and help others heal.

I can't wait to learn from others and to hear your sweet letters. I know this blog can be amazing for many!

Sincerely,
Samantha Wood
(Sadie's mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment